Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Enjoying a Bier's Identity Crisis

It is the second week of a new semester and I'm all settled in to my class schedule for the fall, so to blow a little steam off, tonight I'm trying out a new beer--just one--that has been eyeballin' me from the shelf every time I walk into Pacific Market (where my brother, Benjamin, works) for several weeks now.



I don't know German, so I looked up the title on Google Translator and, according to them, translates to "Reported Noble and White." Hmm.... Interesting.

I am dubbing this beer "Identity Crisis," because it truly doesn't know what it wants to be, in a wonderfully tasty way!!!

The confusion begins when the bottle fails to define exactly what the bier is, only stating the history itself of the recipe. So, I began tasting with an open mind (and palate) and found that this bier combines two of my favorite bier characteristics: lightness of body and the flavor of a wheat bier=delicious!!! Another thing I really like about it is how mellow the flavors are. It isn't a mild flavor--the flavors themselves are still present and pronounced--it is just mellow.



All in all, loved it. I would pair it with something sweet, like a light salad of butter leaf lettuce with a citrus vinaigrette, or drink it as a session bier (if I can find at less than $4.50/bottle!!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment