Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Easiest Chicken EVER!!!

Roasted chicken is one of those dishes that always seems to be soooooooo delicious. Whether it is done in the oven or outside on a barbecue or grill, roasted chicken is a staple in my home year-round.

However one thing that can happen when roasting poultry is that the white meat can dry out. Basting and stuffing your bird both can help avoid drying the meat out, but I've been using an "oldie but goodie" so frequently that I just had to talk about it. (I have roasted four chickens this way in the last month.)

Behold, the Beer Butt Chicken. This is how tough this meal is:
1. Rub chicken with seasoned salt.
2. Put an open beer up the backside opening to the cavity.
3. Roast vertically in an oven, barbecue or grill until the juices run clear (about an hour).

And here is what the dinner ended up looking like:


TIP: Whatever your method of cooking, start with a high temperature and finish low. For example, I did mine at about 375 for half an hour to get the skin crispy, then I dropped it to 325 or so to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment