Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Incredible Edible Journey, First Post

Originally posted Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 12:01 am:



My Incredible Edible Journey, First Post

This is exciting to finally begin chronicling what has been my transformation from a novice cook with a culinary range of cheeseburgers to white rice and baked chicken into a darn good cook who is ready expand on my knowledge of a more exotic selection of ingredients as well as increase my emphasis on cooking as cleanly as possible, getting local, seasonal fruits and vegetables into my diet along with lean proteins and whole grains.

For a few months now I've been wondering exactly what my culinary viewpoint is, and I think I can finally define it in a term I created, "Cooking by the Numbers." This means that I bring some form of process, or systematic progression, to everything I cook, taste, or evaluate in any way.

In this blog I plan to share my restaurant experiences, from taco trucks to white linen tablecloths, as well as my healthy approaches to the various dishes and experiences I have. I'll also include my other cooking inspirations and draw attention to the funny, quirky, and smart things going on in the food community, with an emphasis on health, fitness, and dispelling myths.
Me, JG, at Thirsty Bear in San Francisco, CA, doing research for a class project. Gotta love electives!

No comments:

Post a Comment