Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Keep Nighttime Calories Low With Grilled Veggies at Dinner

We all want to be fit/in shape/healthy, right? Right.

As an experienced personal trainer, I can tell you that in order to have a slim waste you have to control your calories, and one of the easiest ways to do that is to serve grilled vegetables and a salad with your lean protein, especially at dinner (i.e. late in the day).

Tonight, I had two bunches of fairly thick green onions, two orange bell peppers, a yellow squash and a zucchini.  After prepping, I splashed them with some white balsamic and olive oil and seasoned them with kosher salt and fresh-cracked black pepper.


As for grilling, I simply started the peppers and squash (which I sliced thick) first, and when they were almost ready to pull of the grill I put the green onions on! Too easy.

Now you can get your healthy on! (Combine this with Beer Butt Chicken for a dynamite dinner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment